Sleep Apnea Specialist in Jaipur | CPAP Treatments – Dr Nishtha Singh
Sleep Apnea is a sleeping disorder that occurs when a person’s breathing is stopped during sleep. It happens repeatedly during their sleep because their body and brain are not getting enough oxygen. Sleep Apnea is of different types, the most common is Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) caused by the blockage of the airway. The other one is Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), here unlike OSA the airway is not blocked, but the brain is incapable of signaling the muscles to breathe. OSA is more common among people as compared to CSA. Dr. Nishtha is one of the best Sleep Apnea Specialist in Jaipur, Rajasthan who have successfully treated Sleep Apnea in people as well as other medical conditions related to breathing disorders.
Who are at Risk & What are the Symptoms – Sleep Apnea Specialist in Jaipur, Rajasthan
Sleep Apnea can occur mainly to:
- People having nasal obstruction due to deviated septum, or sinus problems.
- Having a family history of sleep apnea
- Person being overweight
- People having high blood pressure/ diabetes/asthma
Its symptoms are:
- Morning headache
- Loud snoring almost every night
- Insomnia or restless sleep
- Dry mouth or sore throat in the morning
- Gasping or choking during sleep
- Heart failure or irregular heartbeats
- Excessive Sleepiness during the day
- Increased blood pressure/diabetes
- Going frequently to the bathroom during the night
If anyone is facing any of the mentioned symptoms persistently they are advised to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Already looking for a Sleep Apnea specialist in Jaipur, consult Dr. Nishtha.
IS IT SLEEP APNEA OR JUST SNORING?
Every person snoring does not have Sleep Apnea, vice versa every person who has Sleep Apnea does not mean they snore regularly. The basic difference between a normal snoring and a serious case of Sleep Apnea is how a person feels during the whole day. Normal snoring does not interfere with the quality of your sleep vis a vis sleep apnea, where the patient has discomfort the whole time he/she is sleeping.
HOW TO CHECK FOR SLEEP APNEA AT HOME
Your doctor will prescribe you an at-home sleep test that would monitor your breathing while you are asleep. It won’t analyze how long you are in the light or deep sleep, it will measure pauses and the absence of breathing if your breathing is shallow or not and how much effort it takes for you to breathe. It uses sensors to detect your breathing patterns. These tests are done just for one night and are a less expensive way than a sleep study in a clinic. Sleep Apnea Specialist in Jaipur, Rajasthan
TREATMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR SLEEP APNEA
- Continuous Positive Airflow Pressure (CPAP)- mainly used for people diagnosed with OSA, is used mainly to keep the airways of the patient open for breathing while he/she is asleep. A CPAP machine has a mask, tube and a motor to constantly use mild air pressure to provide air.
- Oral appliances
- Surgery- Done on the affected part for the sole aim of opening the blockage
- Other breathing devices –
- Expiratory positive airway pressure (EPAP)
- Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV)
- Bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP or BPAP)
All of these medical remedies are available with Dr. Nishtha if you are looking for a Sleep Apnea Specialist in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Click here to book an appointment right now – Book Appointment