Types of lungs disease and Treatment | COVID-19 Precaution | Dr. Nishtha Singh
Types of lungs disease and Treatment: Lung diseases are common in today’s world. Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, lung cancer, and pneumonia are some of the types of lung disease. When the lungs become diseased, they can no longer do the job of removing carbon dioxide and taking in enough oxygen. Lung disease causes many symptoms, including severe cough, shortness of breath, excessive mucus production, wheezing, chest pain, and even blood in the sputum.
Types of lungs disease and Treatment | COVID-19 Precautions | Dr. Nishtha Singh
According to Dr. Nishtha Singh, if lung disease is detected early, it can be treated appropriately before the problem becomes severe and life-threatening. It is possible to prevent some lung diseases, although, Some lung diseases are impossible to stop. There are some steps, you can take to prevent lung diseases and keep your lungs healthy such as quitting smoking and avoiding air pollution. Regular exercise also keeps the lungs healthy.
Lungs Experts in India
Lung diseases are one of the most chronic health issues worldwide. Lung infections, including bacterial, viral, and fungal infections, cause a variety of disorders. Other lung disorders, such as asthma, mesothelioma, and lung cancer, are linked to environmental causes. Asthma and COPD are respiratory illnesses that cause airways to constrict or obstruct, reducing airflow. Infection, cigarette smoking, secondhand tobacco smoke, radon, asbestos, and other forms of air pollution can all cause pulmonary illnesses. Treatment includes bronchodilator drugs, corticosteroids, and oxygen therapy. In some severe cases, surgery may be needed. Having lung disease can lead to some severe complications like damage to the respiratory system. Types of lungs disease and Treatment and These diseases make the patient crippled and, his risk of sudden death increases.
What are lung diseases?
Diseases wh the lungs and other organs associated with the respiratory system are called lung diseases.
Most of the respiratory problems are due to lung disease due, to this disease, the patient does not get enough oxygen.
Why does lung disease occur?
● Asthma – In this, there is severe inflammation and irritation in the respiratory passages and, lumps also occur in them, due to which a wheezing sound starts and shortness of breath.
● COPD – This is a disease related to the lungs, in which the patient’s ability to exhale is not working due to this condition the, patient starts having difficulty in breathing. This disease is caused by smoking for a long time.
● Chronic bronchitis (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) – This is a form of COPD, in which mainly cough is accompanied, by mucus. This disease occurs especially in people who smoke a lot.
According to the type of lung disease, its treatment is of different types:
● Patients with COPD and asthma may require inhalers and bronchodilators. With their help, blocked respiratory passages are, opened up and asthma and other COPD symptoms are relieved.
● Patients who have shortness of breath are treated, with oxygen therapy. In this procedure, the patient is put on a mask, with the help of which the patient receives oxygen.
● Using corticosteroid medications, sometimes corticosteroid medications may be given, to reduce swelling and redness in the lung tissue.
● You need to be admitted to the hospital if you have pneumonia. In the hospital
Dr. Nishtha Singh also gives some COVID- 19 Precautions. here it is-
● To keep yourself safe from COVID-19 it is most important to take care of cleanliness around you and wash your hands with soap and water from time to time. Apart from this, you can also use sanitizer to clean your hands.
● Wear a mask.
● Do not go to crowded places.
● Follow social-distance rules.