What Asthma Patients Need to Know about Coronavirus and Asthma
Recently, Delhi reported 965 new COVID cases, and with this, COVID cases total count crossed 45,00,00,00 in India. However, each one of us should take care of ourselves. And take the necessary steps to protect yourself from this deadly virus. But, according to Dr. Nishtha Singh, the people who suffer from wild Asthma disease are at higher risk. Although, it is a lesser chance to get COVID; who has well-controlled Asthma. But still, they also need to follow all the precautions to protect them from covid-19. And if you are suffering from Asthma disease, you should know What Asthma Patients Need to Know about Coronavirus and Asthma; take the below steps and be safe from the virus.
What Asthma Patients Need to Know about Coronavirus and Asthma- Dr. Nishtha Singh
Before knowing about the steps to follow for Asthma patients, read the factors that could result in a higher risk of COVID.
- Older age.
- Have some severe heart diseases.
- Excessive weight.
Also Visit: COVID-19 XE VARIANT | BOOSTER DOSE IN INDIA
Follow these steps to protect from Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Asthma patients also follow the same COVID protection rules as the others;
- Many people think that Asthma patients’ situation will worsen when they wear a mask, but there is no proof of this, according to a survey by AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology)..
Types of masks they should wear:-
However, there are no such perfect masks only for Asthma Patients, but it’s required to wear N95 K95/ respirator masks.
Wash your hands properly
- Use warm water and soap to wash your hands for 20-30 seconds.
- Keep social distancing and avoid going to crowds as much as possible.
- Cover your face and mouth with using the mask while coughing and sneezing
- The majority of the population already gets vaccinated, but if you are still in the queue, then do it immediately. It will reduce the chances of severe COVID-19 infection.
Continue Taking Your Medications
- Take your medications properly as per suggested by your doctor.
Create an asthma action plan
An asthma strategy includes what precautions you follow when you feel worse or feel well, then what you can do and what you shouldn’t do. It will help in creating your Asthma report. You can consult with Asthma expert Dr. Nishtha Singh for your Asthma action plan.
So, these are some vital steps every Asthma patient should know to protect them from coronavirus. Even if this pandemic ends in the future, you should take care of your asthma and follow a proper and healthy lifestyle.